1. Prepare thoroughly with knowing about your potential employer.
2. If you are not sure about the journey and where the interview will take place, do a practice run before the interview day. Make sure you know where you can park, for example.
3. Be polite to all staff you meet even including before the interview; they may be asked their view on you!
4. Greet the interviewer(s) with good eye contact, a confident hand shake and a smile. Be enthusiastic about the Job.
5. Listen carefully to the questions, and pause slightly before you answer – this gives you time to collect your thoughts and give an organised response.
6. If you don’t know what they mean by the question, be honest and ask them for clarification.
7. Provide concise examples of how you have used your skills in past work.
8. Have a couple of questions ready for the end of the interview. This is often the point where they ask you If you have questions for them.
9. At the end of the interview, thank the interviewers for the opportunity they have given you to meet them. Hopefully you will get the job!
10. But if you are not successful this time, don’t despair! Follow up with an email expressing how good it was to meet them and learn about the organisation. You never know- they may have something else in the pipeline and get in contact with you for a further position!